2. In addition to these terms and conditions, the laws of the Republic of Estonia regulate the legal relationships arising from the marketing of products through the e-shop.
1. The company accepts only new goods in original packaging for return. If the item has been used, has been affected or is not in the correct appearance, returns are not possible.
2. The company accepts goods for return within 14 days after the buyer receives the shipment. If you want to return your purchases, please contact the customer service center (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible. You have to fill out the return form, add it to the product and send the package back. We draw your attention to the fact that the Company does not reimburse the postal costs associated with returning the goods.
3. In the event of withdrawal from the transaction, the Company shall return to the Customer the sums paid by him by transferring the returned amount to the Customer's bank account within 14 days at the latest after the product has reached the Company or upon receipt of the certificate submitted by the Customer regarding the return of the product.
4. If you want to return the goods, you must do so within 14 days after receiving the goods. Subsequent returns will not be reviewed.
Refusal to purchase
1. It is not possible to refuse goods that are made to individual order.
Making a claim
1. In the event that disagreements have arisen between the Customer and the Company regarding the defects of the product, the Customer has the right to appeal to the Company with a claim, stating his name and contact details, the date of the complaint, the product's lack and its own desirable solution.
2. In the case of returning a product that does not meet the requirements, the amount paid for the product will be reimbursed to the Customer, including the shipping cost, to the bank account indicated by the Customer within 14 days at the latest.
3. In the event that the Customer and the Company do not reach an agreement regarding the dispute, the Customer has the right to apply for an out-of-court settlement of the dispute at the Consumer Protection Board in Estonia